While most Special Olympics services are provided by a dedicated group of volunteer coaches, fundraisers and event workers, Special Olympics Kentucky does employ a small staff to help organize competitions fundraising events and handle day-to-day operations of our statewide program. This offers opportunities for work in a challenging and rewarding environment that helps to change the lives of the athletes we serve and their families.
POSITION: Sports Program Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Sports Program Coordinator is a full-time entry level exempt position that is a member of the SOKY Sports Program Team. This position is primarily responsible for providing support services to the Sports Department that includes assisting efforts for Tournaments and Competitions. This position is also responsible for providing some support to the day-to-day operations of the Frankfort Office. Some evenings and weekend work is required. Through the course of the year multiple overnight stay may be required as well. Event set-up requires heavy lifting.
What SOKY is looking for:
- A great attitude and work ethic
- Someone who wants to be a part of a hard-working team
- Enthusiastic and eager to work with focus and discipline
- Ability to engage easily with others
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Be computer literate, have good knowledge and appreciation of database management and word processing
- Basic creative and design skills desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Organization and good interpersonal skills a must
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of office equipment
If you were able to check all of the boxes above and the duties below excite you, we want to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th if interested in the position.
Sports Program Coordinator Duties:
- Responsible for the oversight of data entry after sports events; volunteer information, games results, etc.
- Provide support with planning and coordinating sports department events.
- Support the registration process for all Tournaments and Competitions using the SOKY Games Management System (GMS) and the Volunteer Management System (Vsys).
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of support services for all Tournaments and Competitions such as; meals, housing needs for volunteers and staff, delegation check-in procedures, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the stock of official medals and ribbons used for SOKY competitive events to include ordering, organizing and maintaining inventory. This position will also oversee the process of fulfilling awards request from Directors.
- Attendance at all SOKY Tournaments and Competitions as required that will include weekend and overnight travel. Some daytime travel may be required.
- Communicate regularly with assigned Directors and perform other duties when assigned.