While most Special Olympics services are provided by a dedicated group of volunteer coaches, fundraisers and event workers, Special Olympics Kentucky does employ a small staff to help organize competitions fundraising events and handle day-to-day operations of our statewide program. This offers opportunities for work in a challenging and rewarding environment that helps to change the lives of the athletes we serve and their families.
POSITION: Special Projects Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Special Projects Coordinator is a full-time exempt position that is a member of the SOKY Development Team. This position is responsible for providing support to both SOKY Special Events and to the Law Enforcement Torch Run efforts. This position is also responsible for providing some support to the day-to-day operations of the Frankfort Office. Some evening and weekend work is required. Through the course of the year multiple overnight stay may be required (February-Polar Plunges; June-Summer Games). Event set-up requires heavy lifting.
What SOKY is looking for:
- A great attitude and work ethic
- Someone who wants to be a part of a hard-working team
- Enthusiastic and eager to work with focus and discipline
- Ability to engage easily with others
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Be computer literate, have good knowledge and appreciation of database management and word processing
- Basic creative and design skills desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Organization and good interpersonal skills a must
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Someone who can be flexible with their work schedule
If you were able to check all of the boxes above and the duties below excite you, we want to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com if interested in the position.
Special Projects Duties:
Communicate regularly with assigned Directors and perform other duties when assigned.
- Responsible for some data entry into the fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) and for producing fundraising reports.
- Responsible for overseeing the process of all follow-up correspondence to participants and donors after events and projects, (thank you letters, etc.).
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of Special Events materials, mailings, meeting agendas, meeting notes/minutes.
- Work with the SOKY Special Events Team in planning and coordinating Special Events and projects (i.e. Polar Plunges, Truck/Plane Pulls, etc.). Support will include logistics, committee participation, recruitment of event participants, solicitation of auction items/door prizes, sponsor relations, etc.
- Attend SOKY Special Events and organize and oversee Registration process.
- Work with the SOKY Torch Run Liaison to support Law Enforcement projects throughout the state.
- Coordinate the distribution of tickets and track sales for all SOKY Raffles.
- Coordinate and oversee the SOKY Share the Proceeds program.
- Attendance at SOKY state-level special events that will include weekend and overnight travel. Some day-time travel will also be required.