While most Special Olympics services are provided by a dedicated group of volunteer coaches, fundraisers and event workers, Special Olympics Kentucky does employ a small staff to help organize competitions fundraising events and handle day-to-day operations of our statewide program. This offers opportunities for work in a challenging and rewarding environment that helps to change the lives of the athletes we serve and their families.
Position: Development Coordinator
Description: The Development Coordinator is a full-time exempt position that is a member of the Special Olympics Kentucky (SOKY) Development Team. This position will work out of SOKY’s Frankfort Office and support the President/CEO to provide both administrative support and oversight on assigned development projects. This position will have a small amount of in-state travel and will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
Responsible To: President/CEO
- Assist the President/CEO with daily activities to include managing sponsor relationships, sponsor fulfillment and government relations work.
- Work with the President/CEO to communicate with the Board of Directors and assist with preparations for quarterly Board Meetings.
- Update Raisers Edge reflecting all donor/sponsor activity to include meetings, discussions and sponsorships.
- Manage Board of Directors Annual Giving.
- Manage the IDMP (Integrated Direct Mail Program) program and ensure that all donors are entered into RE and thanked appropriately.
- Manage the on-line EOY Giving Campaign through Special Olympics Int’l (SOI).
- Manage SOKY’s EOY Appeal Mailing.
- Prepare SOKY’s Annual Report
- Assist the President/CEO in managing statewide promotions (Subaru Share the Love, Golf Outings, Ohio Mills, etc.).
- Support the Development Team when needed at Plunge & Pull Events.
- Oversee and manage SOKY’s two Raffle Promotions (Disney Raffle & Gift Card Raffle).
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Team Player
- Individual who is enthusiastic and eager to work with focus and discipline
- Individual needs to have great people-skills with the ability to engage easily with others
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Be computer literate, have good knowledge and appreciation of database management and word processing
- Basic creative and design skills desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Someone who can be flexible with their work schedule
Anyone interested in applying should send cover letter, resume & references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19.